Raymond and Genevieve Schlicher Scholarship
After retiring from the University of Northern Iowa, Dr. Raymond Schlicher served as the dean emeritus of the Division of Continuing Education & Special Programs until his passing in 1990. A fund was established in memorial by his family to support non-traditional students. Dr. Schlicher’s wife, Genevieve, served in the Registrar’s office for many years. With the passing of Mrs. Schlicher in 2012 the scholarship’s name was changed to honor both of them and their service to UNI. Since its inception, 25 students have been awarded the scholarship.
Approximately 2-4 applicants will be awarded scholarships ranging from $500 – $1,000 each. Half of the scholarship will be applied to Fall 2023 tuition and the second half to Spring 2024 tuition. Full consideration will be given to applications received by July 28, 2023. Recipients will be notified of their award by the end of August.
To qualify for the scholarship, students must be:
- a non-traditional student - be one of these students as defined by UNI:
- 25 years of age or older
- student with children
- part-time student (6 hours or less)
- student who did not attend college directly after high school
- declared as a Bachelor of Liberal Studies, General Studies or Individual Studies degree-seeking student
- UNI GPA of 2.5
- enrolled at least part time for the 2023-24 academic year
- Example: be enrolled in 3 hours in Fall 2023 and 3 hours in Spring 2024