Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS)
A flexible degree tailored to fit your individual needs and completed from wherever you are. Choose three distribution areas to create a program that is customizable to your academic and career goals.
- Classes begin every semester
- Apply today!
Online, Hybrid & In-person Options
- Personalized advising services that support educational interests and career goals
- Structured as a convenient, flexible alternative to the traditional path to a bachelor’s degree
- Designed for students interested in a highly customizable program of study and a wide range of course topics
- Allows you to balance work and life while earning a highly respected degree from a public university
Provides graduates with the skills and knowledge in high demand by employers, such as critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and information literacy
Here to Help
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Program Advisor to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
Individual Studies Coordinator, Online & Distance Education
Guided Independent Study (GIS) - GIS delivers an effective, flexible alternative to traditional, semester-based courses. Enroll at any time, work at your own pace and take up to nine months to complete a web-based course.
Online semester-based courses - We offer many semester-based courses at a distance.
On-campus courses - If you are within commuting distance of UNI, you may wish to consider on-campus or hybrid courses to complete your degree.
Transfer courses - As long as you complete a minimum of 30 semester hours from UNI during your junior and/or senior years, you may be able to enroll in courses at a community college or another four-year institution.
Our graduates are prepared to:
- take on leadership roles within their workplaces and communities
- utilize critical thinking and advanced communication skills
- begin or advance careers in business, social service agencies, hospitality, government and more
- continue their education to earn graduate and/or professional degrees
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Students may apply for admission at any time throughout the year. The program is available to all who qualify.
- 60 semester hours of acceptable college credit acceptable toward graduation
- a cumulative 2.0 grade point average or above
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
When applying, you'll need to submit:
- Unofficial transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions
Applications for the BLS program are accepted at any time throughout the year.
Our team of support staff is available to help you throughout your UNI journey.
Contact us at 319-273-7206 or email@example.com for assistance.