Teaching via Blackboard
Online & Distance Education (ODE), in cooperation with ITS-Educational Technology and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, provides comprehensive instructional support for faculty members who wish to develop online courses. instructional developers work individually with faculty and staff using Blackboard, Our online learning management system, to develop courses in an online format. No prior experience with Blackboard or specialized knowledge of the Internet is required.
Instructional Development Support
As you consider developing a new course online or revising an existing one, our Instructional Development (ID) team is ready to help you with all aspects of the online course development process – from implementation or revision to developing interesting and engaging course activities, and anything in between.
Let us help you...
- Convert course content to an online format within Blackboard
- Develop engaging and interactive course materials and activities
- Design exams using best practices for online exams
- Effectively use tools such as Blackboard, Panopto, Zoom, Turnitin and VoiceThread
- Troubleshoot technical issues as the course progresses
- Become familiar with the Blackboard environment and its instructional features
- Identify course options and provide course content design recommendations
Prior to converting course materials online, we ask that instructors do the following:
- Review ODE’s operational procedures for online courses
- Consult with ODE to share course objectives
- Provide course content electronically, so your assigned instructional developer can place it into Blackboard
- Participate in one of Quality Matters’ (QM) professional development trainings for online teaching and development