Entirely Online | 30 Credits | 2 Years
- Courses are designed using the Quality Matters set of professional standards based upon research, best practices and national standards for course design
- Courses address topics such as motor learning, curriculum development, effective teaching and sport psychology
- Students who complete the master's program will also earn an Adapted Physical Education Certificate (can also be pursued separately)
- Option to begin courses throughout the Fall 2022 & Spring 2023 semesters
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
Department Head and Professor, Kinesiology
Our graduates are prepared to:
- Advocate for physical education in their schools and districts
- Design comprehensive school-based physical activity programs
- Apply research principles to teaching practices
- Model best practices and serve as leaders
During fall and spring semesters, courses are scheduled in eight-week modules on select Wednesday evenings via Zoom. Some courses are offered online using Blackboard, a dynamic platform that will enhance your learning experience and sense of community with fellow classmates.
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
To be admitted, students must have:
- An applicant statement describing your professional goals, motivation for applying to the program, and your area of research interest or expertise
- A professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Along with the application, students should have their official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions
Online & Distance Education offers PACE scholarships to UNI teaching alumni who enroll in a degree-seeking graduate program at a distance.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.