Music Education (MM)
Develop your leadership skills and enhance your teaching credentials through our entirely online Master of Music program.
- Next cohort begins: Summer 2023
- Apply by April 1, 2023 for full consideration
- Scholarships available for UNI alumni!
Entirely Online | 30 Credits | 4 semesters
- Gain access to current educational trends and issues and broaden your perspectives on music education.
- Explore innovative curriculum in progressive music education and music for inclusive classrooms.
- Increase your earning power with an advanced degree from a reputable program.
Here to Help
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
School of Music
Delivered Entirely Online
Courses are offered entirely online over four semesters (including summers), using Zoom video conferencing and Blackboard. The program is delivered in a cohort model, allowing you to study with the same group of peers throughout the program.
Our graduates are prepared to:
- Lead and implement music programs for inclusive classrooms
- Utilize analytical techniques and knowledge of current trends to enhance school programs
- Serve in leadership roles within classrooms and school music administration
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Along with your UNI and School of Music applications, you should submit:
- a personal statement i.e. teaching philosophy/philosophy of music education
- two letters of recommendation
- resume or CV
- official transcripts
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
Along with your UNI application, you should submit:
- Teaching Philosophy/Philosophy of Music Education
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Official Transcripts
Online & Distance Education offers scholarships to UNI teaching alumni who enroll in a degree-seeking graduate program at a distance.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.