Mathematics: Secondary Teaching Emphasis (MA)
Strengthen and extend your understanding of mathematics through our hybrid program. You'll learn new skills to enhance your teaching methods at the secondary level.
- Next cohort TBD
Now collecting interest!
Hybrid Delivery | 30 Credits | 6 Semesters
- Designed to enhance the pedagogical and content knowledge for current secondary mathematics teachers
- Focused on building the relationship between theory and practice
- Courses are delivered online, providing convenience for current teachers
- Connect with peers in-person during two weeks of instruction on the UNI campus during the summer terms
Here to Help
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
Courses are offered entirely online over six semesters, using dynamic platforms including Zoom video conferencing and Blackboard. The program is delivered in a cohort model, allowing you to study with the same group of teachers throughout the program.
Our graduates are prepared to:
- Utilize pedagogical knowledge and advanced content in their classrooms
- Be a reflective practitioner, prepared to serve as lead teachers
- Excel in a variety of careers in teaching and industry
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
To be admitted, students must have:
- Be a current teacher
- Submit a resume and applicant statement describing your professional background, career goals, and motivations
- Along with the application, students should have their official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
Panther Alumni Continuing Education Scholarship
- $2,000 scholarships are available to UNI alumni. For more information and to apply, visit online.uni.edu/pace-teacher
College of Humanities, Arts & Sciences Scholarships
- John C. & Marla Putzier Peterson Mathematics Education Scholarship
- Scholarships are available to new or current students in UNI's Graduate Programs in Mathematics Education.
- FINE Foundation Middle Grades Mathematics Scholarship
- $1,000 scholarships available for teachers with 2 or more years experience, currently teaching in the State of Iowa and enrolled in the Secondary Math Teaching Emphasis, M.A. program.
- Bonnie Litwiller Mathematics Teacher Endowed Scholarship
- $1,000 scholarships available to Secondary Teaching in Mathematics M.A. program, students who demonstrate financial need and have a graduate GPA of 3.25 or above.
- Michael Millar Scholarship
- $1,000 scholarships to students enrolled in the Secondary Teaching Emphasis, M.A. or Community College Emphasis M.A. program and who demonstrate academic merit and financial need.
For more information, visit: chas.uni.edu/math/students/scholarships
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
Applications are now being accepted for the Summer 2023 cohort.
Our team of support staff is available to help you throughout your UNI journey.
If you have any questions, contact us at 319-273-7206 or email@example.com for assistance!
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.