Master of Public Policy (MPP)
Entirely Online | 37 Credits | 2 Years
- Designed for working professionals - study with the same group of professionals through our cohort structure and complete the program in two years, including summers
- Professional, applied degree designed to enhance the skills needed for success in the increasingly-complex public policy arena
- Explore the political and social aspects of public policy as well as methods for policy analysis
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
Professor, Political Science
Courses are offered entirely online using dynamic platforms including Zoom video conferencing and Blackboard, enhancing your learning experience and community with peers.
- Classes meet on Tuesday evenings.
- Fall & spring courses are taught in eight-week modules. Summer courses are six weeks in length.
- A brief orientation will be scheduled on the UNI campus, but a virtual option is available.
Our graduates are prepared to:
- Value accountability and transparency as integral to responsible stewardship of the public trust
- Assess the ethical implications of policy decisions and incorporate considerations into their professional work
- Differentiate between efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrate respect, equity and fairness with fellow public servants and a diverse citizenry
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
To be admitted, students must have:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- minimum GPA of 3.0 (GPAs of 2.75+ may be considered for provisional admission)
- Along with the application, students should have their official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
Our team of support staff is available to help you throughout your UNI journey.
If you have any questions, contact us at 319-273-7206 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!
The Master of Public Policy program is delivered through the Department of Political Science. Learn more about the department, faculty, and program offerings.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.
Meet our faculty
Department Head & Professor, Department of Political Science
Assistant Professor of Political Science, Department of Political Science
Associate Professor, Department of Political Science