Learning Technologies & Instructional Design (MA)
Become a leader in learning technology and instructional design in the classroom and beyond.
- Delivered entirely online
- Next cohort: Fall 2024
Entirely Online | 30 Credits | 2 Years
- Focus on integrating technology into the classroom and bringing progressive change to Iowa and beyond
- Develop your skills by designing projects for use in your classroom and professional life, based upon best practices
- Faculty are dedicated to your learning and providing hands-on experiences
- Ranked in the top 15% of online master's in education programs in 2023 by U.S. News and World Report
Here to Help
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Program Coordinator and Enrollment Contact to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
Associate Professor, Curriculum & Instruction
Delivered Entirely Online
Courses are offered entirely online, providing you with a network of colleagues who share common experiences. Coursework is offered in 8-week sessions in Fall/Spring terms and 6-weeks in the Summer via Blackboard, a dynamic platform that will enhance your learning experience and sense of community with fellow classmates. Courses will meet Thursday evenings via Zoom, allowing students to interact in real-time. An in-person, one-weekend meeting will be held on the UNI campus during the first semester (date and time TBD, and remote access is available upon request).
Our graduates are prepared to become:
- Technology Integration Specialists
- Classroom Teachers
- Instructional Designers
- Technology Coaches
- Master Technology-Using Teachers
- Instructional Technology Coordinators
- Educational Technology Center Staff
- Special Education Media Specialists
- Area Education Agency (AEA) Specialists
- Community College Instructors/Administrators
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
To be admitted, students must have:
- Along with the application, students should have their official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
Our team of support staff is available to help you throughout your UNI journey.
Contact us at 319-273-7206 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!
Online & Distance Education offers scholarships to UNI teaching alumni who enroll in a degree-seeking graduate program at a distance.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.