Art Education (MA)
Gain access to a comprehensive interdisciplinary, historical and contemporary orientation to the study and practice of art education.
- Delivered entirely online
- Next cohort tentatively scheduled to begin: August 2023
- Scholarships available for UNI alumni
Entirely Online | 30 Credits | 5 Semesters
- Learn from distinguished faculty in the areas of Art Education, Art History and Studio Art
- Curriculum aligns with student activities in classroom experiences
- Courses address models of inquiry and practice that help to establish stronger links between theory and practice in art education
- Delivered on a cohort basis and completed in five consecutive semesters beginning with fall (six hours of credit each semester)
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
Assistant Professor, Department of Art
Our graduates are prepared to:
- Continue on in the classroom as highly qualified practitioners
- Confidently engage in local and national art education conversations
- Advocate for their teaching practice and art education
Courses are offered entirely online using dynamic platforms including Zoom video conferencing and Blackboard, and individual instructor/student conferencing. Courses taught in the first year are designed to explore contemporary themes of art education in eight-week modules. Courses instructed in the second year will be delivered in 16-week modules to allow implementation of research and writing.
The program is delivered in a cohort model, allowing you to study with the same group of teachers throughout the program.
Individualized support services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
Our team of support staff is available to help you throughout your UNI journey.
If you have any questions, contact us at 319-273-7206 or email@example.com for assistance!
Online & Distance Education offers scholarships to UNI teaching alumni who enroll in a degree-seeking graduate program at a distance.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.