Physics Coursework for Iowa 5-12 Physics and All Science
Coursework designed for teachers interested in a Physics or All Science Endorsement, where, upon completion, you'll be able to implement research-based, active-learning strategies and resources in a physics classroom.
- Courses begin August 2022
- Enroll today!
Flexible Delivery | 1-2 Years
- Provides best practices for assessing students’ conceptual understanding and problem-solving competencies.
- Pathway to help improve your physics content knowledge and better prepare Iowa students for a future in STEM
- Designed for teachers who are licensed by the state of Iowa to teach 5-12 math or science, and are interested in the Iowa 5-12 Physics Endorsement or the physics component of the Iowa 5-12 All Science Endorsement.
Here to Help
As a UNI Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation, and much more.
Director & Professor, Science Education
Our graduates are prepared to:
- Builds and demonstrates competencies in physics content knowledge and scientific practices
- Implement research-based active-learning strategies and resources that engage students in a physics classroom in alignment with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Assess students' conceptual understanding and problem-solving competencies
Coursework can be completed in 1 to 2 years depending on previous courses completed and existing endorsement(s), and includes a combination of online and summer on-campus workshop-type courses. The summer workshop courses will enable participants to work with UNI Physics faculty and their peers in learning how to implement the interactive engagement resources and strategies in a physics classroom. Online courses are offered using a combination of Zoom and Blackboard, a dynamic platform that will enhance your learning experience and sense of community with fellow classmates.
Contact the Program Coordinator for details.
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the UNI Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
To enroll, students need to
- complete our online enrollment form.
- send official or unofficial transcripts for any prerequisite courses to the Department of Physics, 215 Begeman Hall, Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0150
Questions about course enrollment can be directed to email@example.com or 319-273-2121.
Add the Endorsement to your Teaching License
Upon successful completion of the required courses, complete this application from the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners (IBOEE).
If you have completed all of the required endorsement courses through UNI, follow option 1 on the application.
A fee may be charged. Questions can be addressed to the IBOEE here.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.