Iowa Secondary School Health Education Teaching
Entirely Online | Complete at Your Own Pace
Courses meet all required Iowa endorsement categories as follows:
- Health Teaching Methods
- Family Life Education
- Human Nutrition
- Mental/Emotional Health
- Personal Wellness
- Public or Community Health
- Substance Abuse
*Iowa physical education and family consumer science educators will need a minimum of 18 credits in all 7 categories listed above
Here to Help
As a UNI Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation, and much more.
Instructor, Health, Recreation and Community Services
A Flexible Online Pathway For Earning Your Health Education Endorsement
- Courses are designed specifically for practicing educators
- Offered entirely online, allowing you to complete coursework from any location
- Enroll at any time and study at your own pace through our Guided Independent Study courses
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the UNI Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
To enroll, students need to complete our online enrollment form.
Questions about course enrollment can be directed to Jamie Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 319-273-7206.