Criminal Justice (BAS)
Develop critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills needed for career advancement in the fields of criminal justice, including corrections, courts, policing and private security.
- Entirely online
- Next start dates: August 2022 and January 2023
- Apply today!
Entirely Online | 60 Credits
- A seamless pathway to a four-year bachelor's degree with part-time and full-time study options
- Career opportunities - designed to provide a solid background for career advancement in the criminal justice field
- An applied approach - building critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills
- Committed faculty with extensive experience working in the criminal justice field
- Designed for community college graduates with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree
- Associate of Applied Science Degree from an accredited institution - UNI will accept up to 65 transferable units of credit.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
To graduate, students must have 120 units of credit including applicable transferable credit and a minimum of 60 UNI credits.
Questions? As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more. Additionally, your classes will be taught by the same distinguished, full-time faculty who teach on campus.
Criminal Justice Program Coordinator
If you have an Associate of Arts (AA) degree, we also offer an online Individual Studies: Criminal Justice Bachelor of Arts degree. Contact Gayle Rhineberger for more information.
Our graduates are prepared to:
- Enter a variety of careers in criminal justice and juvenile justice, including corrections, courts, policing, and private security
- Effectively use their improved writing and communication skills
- Utilize critical thinkings skills in professional environments
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
When applying, you'll need to submit official transcript, which includes your AAS degree, sent directly to the Office of Admissions
This program offers three start terms per year -- Spring, Summer, and Fall!
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.