Career & Technical Education
Professional development opportunities for those seeking training and development in career and technical education, designed to prepare you to become a K-12 CTE teacher or community college faculty; coursework also applies to the Iowa Multioccupational and the Iowa CTE (Secondary Level) endorsements.
- Start at any time!
- Enroll now!
- Career & Technical Initial Authorization, Secondary Level: For those looking to teach at the secondary level with a limited license
- Multioccupations Endorsement: For those who supervise students in on-the-job situations such as cooperative education and/or school-to-work programs
- Community College Professional Development: For both arts and sciences and career and technical faculty
- Teacher Updates: Update your teaching skills through practical activities and material development useful in a variety of educational settings
As a UNI Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, and much more.
Content Areas for CTE Authorization
- Foundations of Vocational and Career Education
- Curriculum Development
- Coordination of Cooperative Programs
- Instruction of Exceptional Learners
- Human Relations
See below for course offerings related to specific authorization and endorsement options.
Delivered entirely online
Courses are offered via Guided Independent Study or through semester-based courses. Classes use Blackboard, a learning management system that will enhance your learning experience and provide a sense of community with fellow classmates.
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the UNI Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Authorization & Endorsement Options
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information, and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
To enroll, students need to complete our online enrollment form.
Questions about course enrollment can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-273-7206.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.