A flexible degree tailored to fit your individual needs and completed from wherever you are. Choose three distribution areas to create a program that is customizable to your academic and career goals.
- Classes begin every semester
- Apply today!
Online, Hybrid & In-person Options
- Personalized advising services that support educational interests and career goals
- Structured as a convenient, flexible alternative to the traditional path to a bachelor’s degree
- Designed for students interested in a highly customizable program of study and a wide range of course topics
- Allows you to balance work and life while earning a highly respected degree from a public university
Provides graduates with the skills and knowledge in high demand by employers, such as critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and information literacy
As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Program Advisor to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more.
Individual Studies Coordinator, Online & Distance Education
Our graduates are prepared to:
- take on leadership roles within their workplaces and communities
- utilize critical thinking and advanced communication skills
- begin or advance careers in business, social service agencies, hospitality, government and more
- continue their education to earn graduate and/or professional degrees
Guided Independent Study (GIS) - GIS delivers an effective, flexible alternative to traditional, semester-based courses. Enroll at any time, work at your own pace and take up to nine months to complete a web-based course.
Online semester-based courses - We offer many semester-based courses at a distance.
On-campus courses - If you are within commuting distance of UNI, you may wish to consider on-campus or hybrid courses to complete your degree.
Transfer courses - As long as you complete a minimum of 30 semester hours from UNI during your junior and/or senior years, you may be able to enroll in courses at a community college or another four-year institution.
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
When applying, you'll need to submit:
- Official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions
Applications for the BLS program are accepted at any time throughout the year.