Human Services (BA)
Entirely Online | 33 Credits | 2-3.5 Years
- Develop skills to assist in times of crisis and educate a broad range of age groups - from infants to seniors
- Gain practical skills and real-world experiences through an internship or final project
- Earn an interdisciplinary degree including social work, family services, gerontology and psychology courses
- Learn from committed faculty who will prepare you for a variety of careers ranging from adoption and foster care to juvenile justice
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
Students need to have an AA or AS from any community college or an AAS in Human Services from DMACC. This program can also be started without any previous college credit. Students without an AA degree may need to take additional courses to satisfy the UNIFI General Education program. Your advisor will help you select the appropriate courses.
Questions? As an Online & Distance Education student, you’ll have a dedicated Enrollment Contact and Program Coordinator to assist you with registering for classes, navigating the course sequence and billing process, preparing for graduation and much more. Additionally, your classes will be taught by the same distinguished, full-time faculty who teach on campus.
Associate Professor of Family Studies
Individual Studies Coordinator, Online & Distance Education
Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of nonprofit and/or government agencies including:
- Adoption and foster care
- Domestic abuse & violence prevention
- Housing and shelter
- Youth development
- Legal and victim assistance
- Public safety
- Senior care and housing
- Juvenile justice
- Substance abuse
- Parent education
Individualized Support Services
Throughout every step of your program, you'll have a dedicated team of support staff ready to assist you. You'll also have access to UNI services such as:
- Personalized academic advising
- Support from Financial Aid, Career Services and Rod Library staff
- Academic support and tutoring opportunities from the Learning Center
- Access to student accessibility services and staff
- Technical support assistance
Complete our online information request form. We'll send program updates, important information and application deadlines directly to your inbox!
When applying, you'll need to:
- have your unofficial transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.